The Art of Paper Filigree

This blog is to celebrate the things I enjoy making. This includes quilling art, crafts, and cooking recipes and ideas, as well as some musings. I enjoy sharing ideas. By all means, if you want to borrow an art idea, go for it. But please, make it your own; don't just copy. If you've never heard of quilling art, I hope this introduces it as an art form and possible hobby. And I hope the pages to the right of the quilling blog posts offer up information, ideas and inspiration.

Enjoy your visit! If you have questions or comments, by all means share.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Gifts for Kids!!

Of course I did some quilling art for gifts, but I couldn't post it before now, because I didn't want those sweet girls peeking! ;o) So here's an idea I'll share now.... I asked my grandnieces for their favourite colour, flower and animal.


So here's Huberjinx the cat, the result of a preference for cats, the colour orange and lilies!







And here is Patrick the Panda, holding purple roses.... yes, the faves desired.









My other grandniece is too young to have decided yet just what her personal faves are, but her mom, my niece, sings her a pretty little song about playing with dragons in meadows...


And you know, I love making dragons. :)

2 comments: