The Art of Paper Filigree

This blog is to celebrate the things I enjoy making. This includes quilling art, crafts, and cooking recipes and ideas, as well as some musings. I enjoy sharing ideas. By all means, if you want to borrow an art idea, go for it. But please, make it your own; don't just copy. If you've never heard of quilling art, I hope this introduces it as an art form and possible hobby. And I hope the pages to the right of the quilling blog posts offer up information, ideas and inspiration.

Enjoy your visit! If you have questions or comments, by all means share.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lately?

So, what have I been doing lately?  Someone
mentioned that a dragonfly would be nice, so I did one.  I used glistening paper, all different colours for the wings.  I wish I could find some deeper shadowbox frames though... I could do more with something like this if I had more room.  I may have to start making my own frames. ;p
I just love this little froggy poem... I've made one before with a different frog pattern that I devised myself.  This time I tried the 3D, curly limbed pattern out of a quilling art book.  It's interesting anyway!
Another vendor at the market I'm doing this year asked me if I could make an owl.  "Sure," I said.  She really liked it. :)  And of course, I've kept the cards comin', recently figuring out how to create a likeness of an echinacea flower.  I really like to combine photos with quilling art on my cards, and it seems as if other people like it too.  :)  Most of my cards are blank, all purpose, but the card on the right is a wedding card.  So, busy, busy!  :)
I

2 comments:

  1. lovely works, really like them all!!!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula! Still trying to wangle more time to do quilling art. Working on a guitar now. :)

    ReplyDelete