The Art of Paper Filigree

This blog is to celebrate the things I enjoy making. This includes quilling art, crafts, and cooking recipes and ideas, as well as some musings. I enjoy sharing ideas. By all means, if you want to borrow an art idea, go for it. But please, make it your own; don't just copy. If you've never heard of quilling art, I hope this introduces it as an art form and possible hobby. And I hope the pages to the right of the quilling blog posts offer up information, ideas and inspiration.

Enjoy your visit! If you have questions or comments, by all means share.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting Ready for Market

Yes, I've decided to do the Market again this summer. But I'm getting a bit old I think, to schlepp across the parking lot with boxes and boxes of jams and jellies. So I've decided that I'll bring 3 cases of them (3 dozen jars) to each market, for the bread and butter, so to speak. The rest will be other things, such as quilling art, dragon bags, nature craft kits, etc. Two years ago when I did the Market, I noticed that the little things sell, the more ambitious pieces, not so much. So that's the approach I'm taking. That means it's time to get busy on those little lovelies that will actually sell. I remember I couldn't make enough cards and tags, so I'm making just a bunch of 'em.

I also noticed that the blank cards were the most popular, so while I'll make some Happy Birthday, Anniversary, Get Well and New Baby cards, most of my cards will be blank for people to write their own messages. And I'm doing mixed media cards as well ~ Photo Art cards, photo art and verse, quilling art, and some cards with all three.

So, enough of Freaky Fish and Fancy Flowers for the moment.... now I'm just having some simple fun. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Paula! Squeezin' in whatever bit of quilling I can right now. Focussing on cards and tags. Then I'll see what else I can come up with. Little things. ;o)

    ReplyDelete