The Art of Paper Filigree

This blog is to celebrate the things I enjoy making. This includes quilling art, crafts, and cooking recipes and ideas, as well as some musings. I enjoy sharing ideas. By all means, if you want to borrow an art idea, go for it. But please, make it your own; don't just copy. If you've never heard of quilling art, I hope this introduces it as an art form and possible hobby. And I hope the pages to the right of the quilling blog posts offer up information, ideas and inspiration.

Enjoy your visit! If you have questions or comments, by all means share.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Guitars and Musician Tributes

I made some electric guitars in quilling art and they've been quite popular. This is a bass guitar that hangs in Bud's room. Below is a tribute to Jimi Hendrix with one of his fave guitars recreated in quilling art, along with a quote from him. I created the background starting with a record cover image which I changed to a b&w image, then made a stencil from, to make a ghostly image in the background. At least, that was the idea. ;o) Yes, I'll be doing more tributes to other musicians.
In the meantime, this is all I have right now. Again, forgot to photograph the others. :( Y'know, I knew better too. Mom always photographed her quilling art pieces.

4 comments:

  1. love the way you've donr your blog so far great start!
    Love your art work,keep up the good work!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you blogging.
    great musical tributes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bronwyn! I've decided this will be my focus for 2011, along with my jams and jellies, of course. ;o) I really like quilling and am very anxious to do more.

    ReplyDelete