The Art of Paper Filigree

This blog is to celebrate the things I enjoy making. This includes quilling art, crafts, and cooking recipes and ideas, as well as some musings. I enjoy sharing ideas. By all means, if you want to borrow an art idea, go for it. But please, make it your own; don't just copy. If you've never heard of quilling art, I hope this introduces it as an art form and possible hobby. And I hope the pages to the right of the quilling blog posts offer up information, ideas and inspiration.

Enjoy your visit! If you have questions or comments, by all means share.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kids' Stuff and Jewellery


I love making pictures for kids. I've made a whole series of dragon pictures and am about to make some more. This is one fish picture I've done. I have an idea for another and sold one that I don't have a photo of. (Keep forgetting.) I find art for kids very satisfying. :)

Quilling art is a great way to make beautiful, intricate, unique jewellery. Here are some examples:

So far I've only made floral earrings because I like them best.


But there are other designs that can be made as well. I will explore those at some point. More to come.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! :) Nice to meet you! My blog is: www.AutismLoveHope.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lola! Visited your site! Asked a question. :) Thanks for leaving the url here. Will put on my links.
    Wen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Followed you from Creative Quilling! :)
    Your site is amazing! I'm going to have to take some time and read it all through and look at all your fantastic art!!

    I have a blog somewhere out there...I just can't figure out how to do it all, like adding photos and stuff...it make take awhile..but hopefully I will be sucessful! :)

    Sheree aka: KrazeeLdy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi KrazeeLdy! Glad you like my blog. I'll come visit yours too when you're ready for visitors! Just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I found you through Creative quilling also and i have to say i love your quilled jewellery! beautiful little flowers! may i ask if you use anything to seal them with, or if you just leave the paper natural? I have only attempted quilled jewellery once or twice and each time i have felt that it needs a little protection... but dont know what!

    please check out my (beginnings of a) blog! http://livelovewritecraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura! Yes, before I mount the flowers in the hoops, I laminate them with a craft quality spray. I use clear, matt Krylon ~ 2 coats, 1 side at a time. Use an old waxed paper wrapped quilling board or piece of art board, holding the flowers with pins. Spray, dry, turn, spray... etc. That just protects them, although I still wouldn't encourage people to wear them in the rain. :)

    And yes! I'll check out your blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Wen..I hope I can figure out the blog thing..I think I have 1 follower..although I don't know why!

    Laura...I went to your blog..beautiful!

    Both of YOU - ROCK! Absolutely beautiful & AWESOME art!! Someday I'll rock too!
    (Positive thinking)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Atta girl, Sheree! Put your blog addy right on here and I'll go visit. I'll also add visitor's blogs to my links, just as soon as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete